Thursday, June 4, 2009

More thumbnails coming soon!!!

Finished up the first chapter of Knights this afternoon.  I am very pleased with the first book, and can't wait to start doing actual pages for you to see.

My main focus to make sure that everyone really gets these character's personalities.  It went a lot smoother than I anticipated, probably because I've had these characters and their story in my head for a long time now.  Although it went from 8 pages to 16 to 22 to 45!!  I let them do the talking and didn't try to "rush" them so it came out to what it came out to.  I may try to trim here and there, but honestly, I found the story needed the room.

After several years of pitching this concept to Cartoon Network, Disney, Nelvana and getting a favorable response from all, only to have it dashed or "tweaked" to a point of unrecognizability,
I finally feels good to do this on my own.  The way I always intended.

There are so many stories to tell, that I want to make sure the origin isn't boring or feels rote.

I am confident that by the time it is completely finished, it won't .

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment